Friday, January 27, 2012

One of my favourite movies of all time... The Sound of Music!


The Sound of Music! Released in 1965, it has become one of the greatest known movies of all time, and is deemed a classic. And (although I don't know why) every year, during Christmas, this movie is played on Star Movies *now Fox Movies*. And I never fail to watch it :)
I myself have known this movie since I was a little girl, watching it with my parents and siblings. I loved the music-especially 'Do Re Mi' and 'Favorite Things'. And I really liked the von Trapp children, Captain von Trapp and of course, Maria herself, which here is portrayed by Julie Andrews, as a fun-loving, lovely governess who takes care of the captain's children and eventually fell in love with the Captain himself.
It's won 5 Oscars and went on to win 9 other awards.
So if you haven't watched it, GO WATCH IT NOW!!! (if you like musicals and that sort of thing, tee hee.)


Release: USA 2 March 1965 (New York City, New York) (premiere)
Awards: Won 5 Oscars. Another 9 wins & 10 nominations
Producer: Robert Wise, Saul Chaplin
Executive Producer: Peter Levathes, Richard D. Zanuck
Director: Robert Wise
Writer: Howard Lindsay (book) & Russel Crouse (book), Ernest Lehman (screenplay), Maria von Trapp (book "The Story of the Trapp Family Singers")
Cast: Julie Andrews, Charmian Carr, Angela Cartwright, Duane Chase, Nicholas Hammond, Richard Haydn, Kym Karath, Anna Lee, Doris Lloyd, Heather Menzies, Portia Nelson, Marni Nixon, Eleanor Parker, Christopher Plummer, Gil Stuart, Debbie Turner, Norma Varden, Peggy Wood, Ben Wright
Genre: Biography | Drama | Family | Musical



No comments:

Post a Comment